Due to the rapid rise of the internet and digitization, Governments all over the world are initiating steps to involve IT in all governmental processes. This is the concept of e-government.
This is to ensure that the Govt. administration becomes a swifter and more transparent process. It also helps save huge costs.
E-Governance, or electronic governance, refers to the use of digital technologies and information and communication technologies (ICT) in government operations and processes.
It involves digitizing and automating various government activities, such as service delivery, communication, decision-making, and citizen engagement.
E-Governance aims to improve the efficiency, transparency, accessibility, and accountability of government services and interactions with citizens. It involves using online platforms, digital systems, and databases to streamline government processes, enhance public service delivery, and facilitate citizen participation.
E-Governance initiatives can include online portals, digital identity systems, electronic voting, e-taxation, online document submission, and various other digital solutions for government operations.
In e-Governance, there are four types of interactions
1. Government to Citizens (G2C)
- These are interactions between the government and the citizens.
- Citizens can benefit from the efficient delivery of a wide range of public services as a result of this.
- Improves the quality of government services by increasing their accessibility and availability.
- The major goal is to make the government more accessible to citizens i.e. citizen-friendly
2. Government to Business (G2B)
- It uses e-governance tools to allow the business community to communicate with the government.
- The goal is to remove red-tapism, which will save time and money in the long run. When working with customers, this will help in promoting a more transparent atmosphere for the company.
- When working with the government, this will help in promoting a more transparent corporate environment.
- Licensing, procurement, permits, and tax collection are just a few of the services that G2B initiatives help with.
3. Government to Government (G2G) –
- It allows for seamless communication between government agencies.
- This type of interaction can occur between government departments and agencies, or between two governments, such as the union government and state governments, or between or state governments.
- The major goal is to boost efficiency, productivity, and output.
4. Government to Employees (G2E)
- This type of engagement occurs between government officials and their workforce.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools make these interactions faster and more efficient, resulting in higher employee satisfaction.
Objectives of E-Governance
The objectives of e-governance are as follows-
- One of the basic objectives of e-governance is to make every information of the government available to all in the public interest.
- One of its goals is to create a cooperative structure between the government and the people and to seek help and advice from the people, to make the government aware of the problems of the people.
- To increase and encourage people’s participation in the governance process.
- E-governance improves the country’s information and communication technology and electronic media, with the aim of strengthening the country’s economy by keeping governments, people, and businesses in tune with the modern world.
- One of its main objectives is to establish transparency and accountability in the governance process.
- To reduce government spending on information and services.
E-governance raises the transparency, accountability, efficiency, effectiveness, and inclusiveness in the governing process in terms of reliable access to the information within government, between government, national, state, municipal, and local level governments, citizens, and businesses and empowers business through access and use of information.
The main focus of E-Governance or electronic governance is to provide transparent, equitable, and accountable service delivery to the citizens.
The aim of e-governance is to facilitate and improve the quality of governance and ensure people’s participation in the governing process through electronic means like e-mail, websites, SMS connectivity, and others.
E-Governance services are a powerful tool for fostering a more efficient, transparent, and citizen-centric government. By embracing digital transformation, governments can better serve their constituents, ensuring a more inclusive and technologically advanced society.
If you also want to learn and required more information about it then Digital Seva Portal is at the forefront of providing these services to you.
As we navigate the digital landscape, the integration of E-Governance services is a crucial step toward a more connected and empowered future.